Bugzilla – Bug 2699
Wrong locale settings for it_IT first day of the week
Last modified: 2011-09-17 17:43:03 UTC
On Gnome3, with Italian locale settings, the Gnome calendar reports Sunday as the first day of the week. It looks like that applet is built to take its week format from the current locale settings of the system, this means that the current locale reports Sunday as the first day of the week.
This issue probably affects the sys-libs/glibc package.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) login in a Gnome3 DE with Italian locale
2) click on the top panel clock
the leftmost day (beginning of the week) in the calendar is "dom" (Sunday)
the leftmost day in the calendar should be "lun" (Monday)
I was able to fix this issue modifying the file:
locating the LC_TIME section, I added, before END LC_TIME:
now it works as expected, probably:
is also broken.
Upstream bug in URL.
Created attachment 491 [details]
it_IT patch for the above mentioned modifications
Attaching the patch that allowed me to fix this issue.
Author Fabio Erculiani (lxnay AT sabayon.org)
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:45:28 +0200
[sys-libs/glibc] only due to bug 2699, fix first weekday and workday for it_IT
We fixed it here, but upstream should really pick up this fix.